Fierce Representation & Compassionate Support When You Need It Most
Now that you have chosen the Law Offices of Delitala to handle your personal injury or workers’ compensation claim, we want to help you understand what you can expect to happen next. Attorney D. Sunny Delitala is here to ensure you are not taken advantage of by the other side’s attorney or insurance company. As the founder of the Law Offices of Delitala, Attorney Delitala is committed to fighting for the compensation that the law entitles you to. She is not afraid to go to court, when necessary, and work diligently to protect your rights and best interests. From your initial consultation through the conclusion of your case, Attorney Delitala offers the expert guidance and support you need and deserve.
What to Expect Next
At the Law Offices of Delitala, we understand that the legal process is difficult to navigate, which is why we are here to help. When we join forces with you, we advocate for you, tell your story, and protect your right to compensation. Your story is important to us.
Below is a basic step-by-step breakdown of what you can expect to happen:
- Case Review: Attorney D. Sunny Delitala concludes that your case is viable.
- Fee Agreement: You sign a fee agreement to make the attorney-client relationship official.
- Claim Investigation: Attorney Delitala works closely with you to collect all necessary details about your case, your medical records, and medical bills.
- Discovery Phase: Each party investigates the other side’s legal claims and defenses in order to prepare for court. This process can take between six months and a year.
- Negotiation: Can happen at any point in case but usually at maximum medical improvement (MMI). Attorney Delitala does her best to get what her clients want and what the law entitles them too. NO settlement decision is made without Client's prior authorization.
- Mediation and Negotiation: Both parties (lawyers and clients included) will meet with a third party mediator to attempt to resolve the case. If negotiations are successful, both parties agree on a settlement and the case is concluded. If negotiations are unsuccessful, the case will go to trial. Mediation is available in personal injury cases.
- Trial: A date is scheduled for your trial. Trials often last between one day and one week. If resolution cannot be reached, then the case proceeds to trial before a Judge or jury. WC claims are not entitled to jury trials; and therefore, a trial is held only before a Judge.