Car Accident Attorney in Thousand Oaks
Nearly a Decade of Legal Experience. Call (888) 676-0125 for a Free Consultation.
It is estimated that more than 3 million people are injured in car accidents across the U.S. every year. Accidents occur at any time, in any conditions and for all sorts of reasons. Many times the causes of car accidents are out of your control, even when you and your passengers are obeying all the rules of the road.
What Should I Do if I'm Injured in a Car Accident?
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a car accident, you should:
- Take photos of the accident scene.
- Take photos of your property damages.
- Take photos of the vehicle(s) that struck you.
- Take photos of your injury.
- Call the police and file a police report.
- Obtain the other driver’s insurance information.
- Seek medical treatment right away.
- Call Law Offices of Delitala to discuss whether or not you have a case.
Car Accident FAQ:
Q. How much time do I have to report my car accident?
A. California Vehicle Code 20008 requires motorists who have been involved in an accident to report any accidents resulting in injury or death to the California Highway Patrol within 24 hours of the accident occurring. If a patrol officer does not appear on the scene to take a written report, it is your responsibility to make the report yourself.
Q. What should I not say to my insurance company after my accident?
A. While it is important to notify your insurance company shortly after your accident, it is also important that you refrain from the following:
- Admitting fault in the accident
- Stating that you are not injured (until you have been evaluated by a medical professional)
- Making guesses or estimates regarding what happened or the amount of damage done
- Accepting any initial offers or settlements
- Letting the insurance company know if you do not have a lawyer representing you (some insurance companies will take this as a sign that they do not need to take your case seriously)
Q. Do I really need to hire a car accident lawyer?
A. If you have been injured in your accident it is important to consider the amount of time and work that will need to go into your case. Rather than take time away from your recovery, oftentimes it can be helpful to have a skilled attorney represent you. A trained car accident lawyer will also be prepared to find the best possible outcome from your case to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
File a Claim with Help from D. Sunny Delitala
At the Law Offices of Delitala, our Conejo Valley car accident lawyer D. Sunny Delitala is dedicated to helping our clients obtain the compensation they need to get them back on their feet after a car accident.
Our firm is dedicated to helping you get a monetary award for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Attorney Delitala is not afraid to stand up to large insurance companies and negligent parties in or out of court.
For a free initial consultation with a dedicated Thousand Oaks car accident lawyer, please call (888) 676-0125. The firm serves clients in Thousand Oaks, Conejo Park, Palm Springs, and Temecula.