Workers’ Compensation

Thousand Oaks Workers’ Compensation Lawyer

Contact Our Thousand Oaks Workers' Compensation Attorney for Guidance

​Under California's Workers’ Compensation Act, you may be entitled to monetary compensation and medical treatment if you have been injured while working. If you need assistance filing a workers’ compensation claim or have had your claim denied, our firm can help. We have handled numerous workers’ compensation claims for clients throughout Thousand Oaks, Conejo Park, and Palm Springs.

What Is Workers' Compensation

Worker's compensation is intended to provide monetary compensation to employees injured in the workplace. An injured employee in California is eligible for worker's compensation even in the case where the employer is non-negligent.

Types of worker's compensation claims:

  • Specific Trauma Claim: This is the most common type of worker's compensation claim and can involve incidents such as a motor vehicle accident or injury caused due to heavy lifting.
  • Cumulative Trauma Claim: This type of worker's compensation claim involved a repetitive motion injury and is typically caused by repeating something that can cause bodily harm, such as being exposed to toxic chemicals, developing skin rashes, or hearing loss.

If you live in California and have been injured or have become ill at work, you can file for worker's compensation insurance, which will provide medical and wage benefits. Contact our attorney to learn more about your worker's compensation benefits, and about what we can do to help you.

What to Do If You Are Injured at Work

The term “work-related injuries” does not only refer to injuries that occurred at your workplace or your office building. In some cases, work-related injuries can be slips/falls, motor vehicle accidents, chronic conditions caused by your work duties and/or work environment, injuries sustained while at a job site or on your way to a different work location, and more.

To make sure you are preserving your rights to the workers’ comp benefits you’re entitled to, you should:

  1. Immediately report the injury to your manager, supervisor, or superior. Once reported, your employer, manager, supervisor, or superior should provide you with a DWC-1 form to report your injury in writing.
  2. Demand and obtain copies of anything and everything that you fill out or complete related to you reporting a work-related injury.
  3. Obtain medical treatment. Do not wait for your employer to provide medical treatment to you. Do not listen to your employer if they say you cannot obtain medical treatment. If you need to see a doctor, do so immediately.
  4. Inform the treatment provider of your injury being related to work. Tell the doctor or treatment provider how the injury occurred or how you think it occurred and that you were working when the injury occurred. Oftentimes, your initial report of the injury to a treatment provider can have an impact on your case and your rights.
  5. Call an attorney to discuss your injury and to discuss your rights. Remember that the workers’ compensation insurance company’s client is the employer, not you, so you’ll need someone on your side who can fight for the full and fair compensation you deserve.
  • We'll Come to You
    We understand the challenges you may face and will work diligently to protect your rights and secure the compensation needed to recover, and most importantly, move forward. Serving Thousand Oaks, Conejo Valley, Palm Springs, Riverside County, the Inland Empire, and surrounding areas.
  • You Matter
    We treat clients with sincerity, respect, and dignity. Our firm serves as your mouthpiece throughout your case, ensuring that your voice is heard and your injuries are accounted for. We're here for you.
  • We Work Directly with You
    We provide guidance every step of the way, putting our experience on your side, so you can come out on the other side of a life-changing event. With our help, you may be able to see a brighter, happier future.
  • We Answer & Invite All Questions
    We are all about helping people through tough times by giving them the tools they need to understand their legal options. This is our firm’s primary mission and it motivates us day in and day out.

Workers' Compensation Benefits in California

According to the State of California Department of Industrial Relations, if you qualify for workers' compensation benefits you may be eligible to receive compensation for the following:

  • Medical care to aid in your recovery
  • Temporary disability benefits if your injury prevented you from working during your recovery
  • Permanent disability benefits if you are not able to make a full recovery from your injuries
  • Supplemental job displacement benefits if your injury requires you to receive training or skill enhancement if you are unable to return to work at the same position
  • Death benefits paid to your family if you were to die as a result of your injuries or illness

Unfortunately, rightful workers’ compensation claims are often denied. If you are experiencing difficulties receiving the benefits you are entitled to, reach out to the Law Offices of Delitala as soon as possible for skilled legal representation. We offer completely confidential, no-obligation consultations. You will have the opportunity to speak directly with an attorney about your claim.

Take a look at what our clients have to say about us and see why we are Thousand Oak's most trusted attorneys.

Suggested Reading:


YOUR WEll Being & Results COME FIRST
  • Thank you for everything that you and your team did for me

    “Mrs. Delitala was great in representing me with my case. Thank you for everything that you and your team did for me. I highly recommend her as she will fight to get you what you deserve.”

  • Words can't describe how grateful I am to Sunny and her team

    “Sunny and her team were absolutely wonderful! Do NOT hesitate to reach her law office! I was really worried and stressed out before I spoke with Sunny about my worker's comp, let me tell you, those worries immediately dissipated. I never felt let down, I felt heard, and I had improved care through her and her team effort. Words can't describe how grateful I am to her and her team. They changed my life, for the better. Thank you again so much Sunny!”

  • Thank you Sunny for what you have done for me and my family

    “So, this lawyer right here is amazing as other reviewers stated she is a SHARK! She is fearless, smart, always knows what to say, responsive, honest, loyal, and on your side! She will guide you through everything! As long as you meet her halfway through this and LISTEN, you will win! I’m very happy with my outcome she was with me every step of the way, and answered all my questions even if I repeated myself she would even answer in a different way with the same answer. Even her staff was amazing and all nice respectful and explained things. I’m actually sad we are parting ways because my case has come to a close, but I will always think of this amazingly awesome team. I’m telling you as just a client of this law firm, do not hesitate to have her represent you for your WC claim, she’s fast and efficient and has excellent communication, and experience and will get the job done and leave with a big smile, she has changed me and my two children’s lives and not just someone to rush or neglect you like some other lawyers that will leave you confused and just worried …. I was well taken care of and treated like family like I was very comfortable … thank you Sunny for what you have done for me and my family getting me justice and not letting me get taken advantage of. She is amazing and if I ever had another accident I would definitely use her again! I wish she could be my personal lawyer and this is from the heart and my honest opinion, and thoughts. P.S. ( She is a workers comp personal injury lawyer ) and like she states she doesn’t beat around the bush she is firm and direct (: & please know and have your information ready she is a busy woman again Thank you! Thank You Sunny & your Team!”

  • Sunny is very professional and kind

    “Sunny is very professional and kind. She heard my case and gave me honest feedback. Don't be afraid to call and see if your case has promise. If she cannot represent you, she will refer you to a trustworthy attorney who can. Thanks, Sunny!”

  • Very professional and kept me informed throughout the case

    “The Law Offices of Delitala fought for me for 3 years. Very professional and kept me informed throughout the case. I would definitely recommend.”


  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.