Thousand Oaks Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
Contact Our Thousand Oaks Workers' Compensation Attorney for Guidance
Under California's Workers’ Compensation Act, you may be entitled to monetary compensation and medical treatment if you have been injured while working. If you need assistance filing a workers’ compensation claim or have had your claim denied, our firm can help. We have handled numerous workers’ compensation claims for clients throughout Thousand Oaks, Conejo Park, and Palm Springs.
What Is Workers' Compensation
Worker's compensation is intended to provide monetary compensation to employees injured in the workplace. An injured employee in California is eligible for worker's compensation even in the case where the employer is non-negligent.
Types of worker's compensation claims:
- Specific Trauma Claim: This is the most common type of worker's compensation claim and can involve incidents such as a motor vehicle accident or injury caused due to heavy lifting.
- Cumulative Trauma Claim: This type of worker's compensation claim involved a repetitive motion injury and is typically caused by repeating something that can cause bodily harm, such as being exposed to toxic chemicals, developing skin rashes, or hearing loss.
If you live in California and have been injured or have become ill at work, you can file for worker's compensation insurance, which will provide medical and wage benefits. Contact our attorney to learn more about your worker's compensation benefits, and about what we can do to help you.
What to Do If You Are Injured at Work
The term “work-related injuries” does not only refer to injuries that occurred at your workplace or your office building. In some cases, work-related injuries can be slips/falls, motor vehicle accidents, chronic conditions caused by your work duties and/or work environment, injuries sustained while at a job site or on your way to a different work location, and more.
To make sure you are preserving your rights to the workers’ comp benefits you’re entitled to, you should:
- Immediately report the injury to your manager, supervisor, or superior. Once reported, your employer, manager, supervisor, or superior should provide you with a DWC-1 form to report your injury in writing.
- Demand and obtain copies of anything and everything that you fill out or complete related to you reporting a work-related injury.
- Obtain medical treatment. Do not wait for your employer to provide medical treatment to you. Do not listen to your employer if they say you cannot obtain medical treatment. If you need to see a doctor, do so immediately.
- Inform the treatment provider of your injury being related to work. Tell the doctor or treatment provider how the injury occurred or how you think it occurred and that you were working when the injury occurred. Oftentimes, your initial report of the injury to a treatment provider can have an impact on your case and your rights.
- Call an attorney to discuss your injury and to discuss your rights. Remember that the workers’ compensation insurance company’s client is the employer, not you, so you’ll need someone on your side who can fight for the full and fair compensation you deserve.
We'll Come to YouWe understand the challenges you may face and will work diligently to protect your rights and secure the compensation needed to recover, and most importantly, move forward. Serving Thousand Oaks, Conejo Valley, Palm Springs, Riverside County, the Inland Empire, and surrounding areas.
You MatterWe treat clients with sincerity, respect, and dignity. Our firm serves as your mouthpiece throughout your case, ensuring that your voice is heard and your injuries are accounted for. We're here for you.
We Work Directly with YouWe provide guidance every step of the way, putting our experience on your side, so you can come out on the other side of a life-changing event. With our help, you may be able to see a brighter, happier future.
We Answer & Invite All QuestionsWe are all about helping people through tough times by giving them the tools they need to understand their legal options. This is our firm’s primary mission and it motivates us day in and day out.
Workers' Compensation Benefits in California
According to the State of California Department of Industrial Relations, if you qualify for workers' compensation benefits you may be eligible to receive compensation for the following:
- Medical care to aid in your recovery
- Temporary disability benefits if your injury prevented you from working during your recovery
- Permanent disability benefits if you are not able to make a full recovery from your injuries
- Supplemental job displacement benefits if your injury requires you to receive training or skill enhancement if you are unable to return to work at the same position
- Death benefits paid to your family if you were to die as a result of your injuries or illness
Unfortunately, rightful workers’ compensation claims are often denied. If you are experiencing difficulties receiving the benefits you are entitled to, reach out to the Law Offices of Delitala as soon as possible for skilled legal representation. We offer completely confidential, no-obligation consultations. You will have the opportunity to speak directly with an attorney about your claim.
Take a look at what our clients have to say about us and see why we are Thousand Oak's most trusted attorneys.
Contact our offices online or at (888) 644-3621 or today get started with a FREE initial consultation to learn more about how our legal team can assist with your workers’ compensation claim.
COMMITTED TO YOUYOUR WEll Being & Results COME FIRST
Thank you for your support Sunny
Law Office did a great job serving us. Thank you for your support Sunny, you were very kind to listen to our concerns.”
Sunny and her associates were considerate and understood my situation
“I was injured in October and was getting the runaround. Sunny and her associates were considerate and understood my situation. Sunny was very precise, gave a step-by-step description of what would be done, and pushed when it was needed. She understood my needs and she stepped up for me and beyond. My case was settled within 4 months. I am very satisfied with the outcome.”
Compassionate, Understanding, and Genuinely Have Your Best Interest at Heart
“The Law Offices of Delitala, Inc are a professional team who are dedicated to helping you get the medical help and compensation you need. They are compassionate, understanding, and genuinely have your best interest at heart. Sunny Delitala and her team will work hard and diligently for you and your needs and will fight for what is right. I recommend them with 5 stars. Thank You so much Sunny and Family!”
Passionate and Conscientious...
“Passionate and Conscientious...”
A big "THANK YOU" to Sunny and her staff!
“A big "THANK YOU" to Sunny and her staff! I truly admired your professionalism through it all. Professional and caring, Sunny made this legal process bearable. All of my phone calls and E-mail messages were promptly addressed. She explains everyt”