Temecula Personal Injury Attorney
Nearly a Decade of Experience Helping the Injured in Temecula & Temecula - Call (888) 644-3621
When you’ve been seriously injured in an accident or at work, it can be devastating for you and your family. Facing an injury means that you need a responsive, knowledgeable, and result-driven attorney. At the Law Offices of Delitala, our personal injury attorney is available to help you face your injuries and file a claim for compensation. Attorney D. Sunny Delitala is not afraid to take on tough cases.
The Law Offices of Delitala can help you with any of the following:
- Bicycle accidents
- Car accidents
- Dog bites
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Premises liability
- Truck accidents
- Worker's compensation
What to Do When You Are Involved in an Accident?
Suffering an injury in an accident can be a traumatic and emotionally overwhelming experience. However, there are certain steps you must take to protect your health and the right to recover financial compensation for your injury.
Here are steps you should immediately take after an accident:
- Seek immediate medical attention – If you suffered a serious injury, you or someone else must get medical help as soon as possible. Even if you suffered a minor injury, you must see a doctor to determine the severity of the injury, receive the proper treatment, and obtain documentation to prove you suffered the injuries from the accident.
- Do not admit fault – Although saying “sorry” could be viewed as polite and considerate when you accidentally bump into someone while walking, doing so after an accident can be construed as an admission of fault.
- Call the police – Report the accident to the local police department or the California Highway Patrol (CHP). A law enforcement official will arrive at the scene of the incident, conduct an investigation, and provide an accident report on your behalf. The report can be used as evidence to prove your claim.
- Gather evidence – Using your smartphone, take photos or record videos of the accident scene and your injuries. Write down everything that happened. Any details and evidence can be useful to your claim.
Filing a Personal Injury Claim in California
In order to file a personal injury lawsuit in civil court, the injured party (the plaintiff) must establish certain elements to prove that the at-fault party (the defendant) is negligent and liable for damages suffered by the victim.
The following are the four elements you must prove to file a personal injury claim in California:
- The defendant had a duty of care
- The defendant breached their duty by acting in a negligent or reckless manner
- The defendant’s negligent actions caused the accident and the plaintiff’s injury
- The plaintiff suffered damages or losses as a result of the accident
Hire a Personal Injury Attorney
The next step is to choose a personal injury lawyer to handle your claim. Your attorney can thoroughly examine your case, explore all your available legal options, and help you hold the at-fault party responsible for your injuries and recover your entitled compensation.
Since you will be in constant communication and sharing private information with your lawyer throughout the legal process, ensure you hire a professional you are comfortable with and trust. They will be your strongest advocate and ally inside and outside the courtroom.
Determine Which Court to File Your Lawsuit
If you are injured in an accident and suffered more than $10,000 in damages, your injury claim is handled in California civil court (Superior Court). Otherwise, damages worth less than that amount will be handled in small claims court.
File Your Claim in Time
According to the statute of limitations for personal injury cases in California, you have two years from the date of the injury to file your lawsuit in court. Failure to file your claim within the two-year period could lead to you losing your right to financial compensation.
Why Hire a Personal Injury Attorney?
As we mentioned earlier, one of the most important steps to filing a personal injury claim in California is to hire an experienced and knowledgeable lawyer for your case. While you focus on making the best possible recovery from injury, your lawyer can investigate the accident, file all the necessary paperwork, meet all the deadlines, and handle every aspect of your case.
The benefits of hiring a personal injury lawyer include:
- They understand the legal process to help you avoid making costly mistakes
- They can increase your chances of obtaining a favorable outcome in your case
- They will protect your rights and best interests from start to finish
- They can negotiate or reach a favorable settlement agreement
- They can take your case to trial and represent you in court
- They know how much your claim is worth
How Long Does a Personal Injury Lawsuit Take to Settle?
The answer is: it depends. You could reach a settlement within a few weeks or a couple of years, based on the complexities surrounding your personal injury claim. In general, cases involving serious or catastrophic injuries take longer than relatively minor injuries.
Common factors related to timing depend on the following:
- The complexity of the case
- The severity of the injuries
- The amount of damages
- The case load in your jurisdiction
- The defendant’s willingness to settle or fight in court
- Your patience
Get started now by contacting us (888) 644-3621
More About Our Practice
COMMITTED TO YOUYOUR WEll Being & Results COME FIRST
Thank you for your support Sunny
Law Office did a great job serving us. Thank you for your support Sunny, you were very kind to listen to our concerns.”
Sunny and her associates were considerate and understood my situation
“I was injured in October and was getting the runaround. Sunny and her associates were considerate and understood my situation. Sunny was very precise, gave a step-by-step description of what would be done, and pushed when it was needed. She understood my needs and she stepped up for me and beyond. My case was settled within 4 months. I am very satisfied with the outcome.”
Compassionate, Understanding, and Genuinely Have Your Best Interest at Heart
“The Law Offices of Delitala, Inc are a professional team who are dedicated to helping you get the medical help and compensation you need. They are compassionate, understanding, and genuinely have your best interest at heart. Sunny Delitala and her team will work hard and diligently for you and your needs and will fight for what is right. I recommend them with 5 stars. Thank You so much Sunny and Family!”
Passionate and Conscientious...
“Passionate and Conscientious...”
A big "THANK YOU" to Sunny and her staff!
“A big "THANK YOU" to Sunny and her staff! I truly admired your professionalism through it all. Professional and caring, Sunny made this legal process bearable. All of my phone calls and E-mail messages were promptly addressed. She explains everyt”
Why Choose Our Firm?
We'll Come to YouWe understand the challenges you may face and will work diligently to protect your rights and secure the compensation needed to recover, and most importantly, move forward. Serving Thousand Oaks, Conejo Valley, Palm Springs, Riverside County, the Inland Empire, and surrounding areas.
You MatterWe treat clients with sincerity, respect, and dignity. Our firm serves as your mouthpiece throughout your case, ensuring that your voice is heard and your injuries are accounted for. We're here for you.
We Work Directly with YouWe provide guidance every step of the way, putting our experience on your side, so you can come out on the other side of a life-changing event. With our help, you may be able to see a brighter, happier future.
We Answer & Invite All QuestionsWe are all about helping people through tough times by giving them the tools they need to understand their legal options. This is our firm’s primary mission and it motivates us day in and day out.